Now that we’re well into 2016, I’d like to reflect back and also look forward.
We had an amazing 2015, thanks to you! Some stars aligned and events happened that allowed us to distribute 2.5M pairs last year (and 5M since we started). It would be quite a feat to replicate that number this year. But we are still doing our best to positively impact people in the developing world. And who knows? Maybe we will hit 2.5M again.
In order to continue to provide you with the best options for delivering glasses, we’ve made a few changes that I’d like to explain to you. I think they are all good and will help you be even more effective when you take glasses on your mission trips.
We’ve consolidated the different reader powers into 5, instead of 10, groups. Up to now, glasses have been labeled and packaged as +1.00, +1.25, +1.50, +1.75, etc. That’s a lot for you (and us) to keep track of and difficult for our sorting and packing facilities as well. What we’ve now done is combine adjacent powers into LOW (which includes +1.00 and/or +1.25), LOW-MEDIUM (which includes +1.50 and/or +1.75), MEDIUM (including +2.00 and/or +2.25), MEDIUM-HIGH (+2.50 and/or +2.75) and HIGH (+3.00, +3.25 and/or +3.50).
- We’re noting this change on the website where the different pre-packs are described.
- This should make your dispensing table more manageable as well.
- Remember, for a patient, there is virtually no difference in a + or -.25 power change. They just move the item 1-2” closer or further away.
As some of you have undoubtedly noticed, we’ve updated our website. I think it looks great and should be easier for you to navigate. I particularly like the map showing impact around the world.
- It also includes information on becoming a sponsor with us. Being a sponsor means underwriting the cost of glasses that we provide to a non-profit or clinic in the developing world. We have several sponsors now and are always looking for other companies that want to make a significant impact.
- We’re a few weeks away from a new ordering process. I’m confident you’ll find it easier and more user-friendly.
- We’ve added a new 1,000 pair package at a price of $.45 plus $.07 shipping. That’s about a 15% discount. We hope you can take advantage of this.
We’ve started featuring video testimonials from some of our partners. The first two are linked below. We’re going to put one out each month. So, look for them on our Facebook page and website. I think it’s a great way to highlight the great work our partners are doing. Keep sending in your trip reports and pictures. Maybe yours will be featured!
I think an important point to mention is that we are doing all of the above to make RestoringVision work better for YOU. And, ultimately, for the millions of people around the world who need reading and sunglasses. Please give me feedback on what you think is working and where we can make improvements. (email@example.com).
As always, thank you for your support.
Episode 2: A Small Effort that Changes Lives