SAN FRANCISCO, CA (January 31, 2024) – RestoringVision unveils today its new 3-year strategic plan, “Pathways to Solving the Global Vision Crisis,” as the organization scales its work worldwide to reach more people living in poverty who are in need of access to vision services and eyeglasses.
In 2024, the organization will reach 5.5 million people who are still waiting for the chance to see clearly and return to work, advance their educations, sustain livelihoods, and much more. In the 3-year strategy, the organization aims to scale to eventually reach 10 million people in need annually, and tens of millions thereafter.
Over 1 billion people worldwide have a vision impairment that could have been prevented or is yet to be addressed. Of the 1 billion, 826 million, an astounding 80%, only need reading glasses to correct their sight. This is why RestoringVision’s new strategic plan is critical to solving this global vision crisis.
“RestoringVision’s new 3-year strategic plan reflects our bold commitment to reaching more people in poverty than ever before with the vision services and eyeglasses they need to see clearly,” said Pelin Munis, Ph.D., CEO, RestoringVision. “There is a deep need and strong opportunity for RestoringVision to play an even more active and visible leadership role to accelerate this growing global momentum. Solving the global vision crisis is RestoringVision’s calling and commitment, living out our mission to empower lives by restoring vision for millions of people in need and working toward our vision of a world where everyone who needs glasses has them.”
The five strategic goals included in RestoringVision’s 2024-2026 strategy include:
- Goal 1: Radical growth of programs and impact. Radically expand the scale of RestoringVision’s programs and impact across the world to reach 10 million people and tens of millions thereafter.
- Goal 2: Global leadership and advocacy. Be a leading voice in solving the global vision crisis, catalyzing wider and deeper engagement by governments, donors, private sector, civil society, and other key partners.
- Goal 3: Innovation. Drive innovation that accelerates radical growth of impact to solve the global vision crisis, leveraging technology and other cutting-edge developments.
- Goal 4: Funding. Deliver the expansion of funding required to enable radical growth of programs and impact.
- Goal 5: Organization of Excellence. Continue to be an organization of excellence, ensuring the key capabilities required for radical growth of impact.
RestoringVision’s strategic focus for the period 2024-2026 will be defined by 5 parameters:
- Who we will be: The world’s leading NGO focused on solving the global vision crisis.
- What we will achieve: Reaching at least 10 million people per year, and tens of millions of people soon thereafter.
- How we will achieve it: Catalyzing partnerships, mobilizing resources and action, and strengthening systems to address presbyopia at large scale with quality and sustainability.
- Who we will serve: Our primary focus will be on people living in extreme poverty (less than $2/day) or poverty. Special attention will go to highly marginalized populations with limited or no access to eyeglasses.
- Where we will serve: Areas with the largest populations of people over age 40 in extreme poverty that we can reach with reliable partnerships.
To support this cause, donate at https://restoringvision.org/donate/.
RestoringVision is a global nonprofit dedicated to ending the global vision crisis. The organization is committed to creating equitable access to vision services and eyeglasses, particularly for individuals living on less than $2 a day. One billion people have a vision impairment that could have been prevented or is yet to be addressed, 81% of which could be corrected with a simple pair of reading glasses. We work to solve this global crisis by partnering with our unparalleled network of more than 3,000 NGOs and government partners to provide life-changing vision screenings and eyeglasses to millions of people who could not access them otherwise. RestoringVision has reached more than 25 million people in 147 countries since 2003. For more information, visit restoringvision.org.
Director of Marketing and Communications, RestoringVision