Dear Partners and Friends of RestoringVision,
These continue to be unprecedented times, and as always, our thoughts are with you.
Long days, fast months is how navigating the crisis has felt. I’m incredibly proud of how well our team has responded, with commitment, resiliency, and agility. As a result, we’ve been able to move from surviving the crisis to stabilizing our organization and laying the foundation to thrive. We learned that empowering people through clear vision is more important than ever, and our fast-growing distribution capacity in the face of the crisis is evidence of that. Not only does our work continue at RestoringVision, the demand to provide glasses is greater than ever!
For this reason, your support and contributions are needed now more than ever. As donors step forward to invest their philanthropic dollars into RestoringVision, we are able to serve more of the demand. As service delivery partners pivot with us by utilizing our new adapted tips for safely dispensing glasses to taking advantage of our new international shipping program, we are able to help the most vulnerable navigate this crisis with clear vision.
Because navigating the crisis is difficult enough, navigating the crisis without the ability to see clearly is nearly impossible. Thank you for your renewed commitments, leaning in with us, and continuing to make a difference in the lives and communities of those in need. Let’s continue to do our part and stay connected and strong together.
Pelin Munis, Ph.D.
Executive Director, RestoringVision
Important Changes Within Our Organizational Leadership
• After 16 years of service, RestoringVision Founder Mark Sachs has transitioned to a new role as Chairman Emeritus. Mark is pivoting his focus to key projects and speaking engagements on behalf of RestoringVision to encourage action and partnerships to address the global need for glasses in the developing world.
• David Chute, RestoringVision Board Member since 2007, has been appointed Chairman of the board of directors. Dave has over three decades of optical industry experience with an extensive track record of bringing success to for-profit and non-profit organizations. His strategic vision and leadership will enhance RestoringVision’s ability to scale and meet the growing demand for glasses in the developing world. To learn more about Dave, read his bio here. To read our press release on Dave’s appointment, click here.
• Kevin Hassey has been appointed to the RestoringVision board of directors. Kevin is currently the Sr. VP, Managed Care & Philanthropic Programs for National Vision, Inc. with over 30 years of optical industry experience. He has been an important advisor to RestoringVision since 2015 bringing invaluable knowledge and expertise that furthers our work. To learn more about Kevin, read his bio here. To read our press release on Kevin’s appointment, click here.
• Nira Jethani joins RestoringVision as Sr. Director of Finance. As we give thanks to our prior director, Ginny Quick, we welcome Nira to our team. Nira began her career in commercial banking and pivoted to the nonprofit industry more than a decade ago. She comes with extensive experience in creating and leading finance teams with ethical discipline and collaboration with colleagues from diverse backgrounds. To learn more about Nira, read her bio here.
• Laura Rapoch joins RestoringVision as Director of Development. After an extensive recruiting process, the RestoringVision board and executive search committee have selected the organization’s new Director of Development. Laura brings over 15 years of experience in development, operations, and strategic management and is eager to grow RestoringVision’s fundraising capacity. To learn more about Laura, visit her bio here.
DEVELOPMENT UPDATES FOR DONORS
#GivingTuesdayNow – One Hope: Restoring Vision
A tremendous thanks for our Corporate Partners and donors for supporting our One Hope: RestoringVision campaign. The campaign raised much needed funds that will enable RestoringVision to continue serving the needs of the most vulnerable during this crisis.
Click here to continue reading
Foster Grant and Sofia Vergara Partner in Support of RestoringVision
On May 20, our long-time partner Foster Grant and celebrity philanthropist Sofia Vergara announced the launch of their new Specs for Specs program in support of RestoringVision. For every pair of Sofia Vergara X Foster Grant eyewear sold, a pair of reading glasses will be donated to RestoringVision. We are thrilled to be sharing this exciting news and are grateful for their commitment to bringing hope into focus for the most vulnerable. Read a press release on this extraordinary news here.
PROGRAM UPDATES FOR SERVICE DELIVERY PARTNERS
Our COVID-19 Response and Resources
We value the importance of keeping our constituents informed on the immediate actions RestoringVision is taking during these critical times. We continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and pivot and respond. On our new webpage, there is a section dedicated to our Service Delivery Partners.
Click here to continue reading
We have even more news and updates to share with you! Please click here for the full version of the newsletter.